Welcome to the 2023–24 academic year at CU Boulder! Here are the Main Campus academic dates most likely to affect you.*
Monday, Sept. 4
- Last day to enroll in a payment plan.
- Labor Day holiday (no classes; university closed)
Tuesday, Sept. 5
- Last day to pay your tuition & fee bill.
Wednesday, Sept. 6
- Last day to add a class, swap a class or join a waitlist for a closed class.
- Last day to be automatically enrolled from a waitlist.
Wednesday, Sept. 13
- Last day to drop a class without penalty.
- Last day to withdraw from the semester without tuition charges and W grades; a $200 withdrawal fee applies.
- Last day to change variable credit hours & no-credit status.
Friday, Sept. 15
- Last day to enroll in or waive student health insurance coverage.
Monday, Sept. 18
- Waitlists are canceled. Students still on the waitlist lose access to that class's online materials, but may be eligible to reserve a seat in the course the next time it's offered.
Friday, Nov. 3
Monday, Nov. 20–Friday, Nov. 24
- Fall break (no classes; university closed Nov. 23 & 24).
Thursday, Dec. 14
- Last day of classes.
- Last day to withdraw from the semester.
Saturday, Dec. 16–Wednesday, Dec. 20
*These dates apply to Main Campus classes that follow the full-semester start and end dates. For other calendars, see our academic calendar webpage. Deadlines occur at 11:59 p.m. Mountain Time unless otherwise noted.
Office of the Registrar | University of Colorado Boulder
303-492-6970 | firstname.lastname@example.org