Message from the Dean
In their Feb. 24 message to campus, Provost Moore and COO O’Rourke provided an outline for summer 2021 and a preview of the fall 2021 semester, including our shared goal to increase in-person classes. Today, Provost Moore followed up with this message regarding fall 2021 course registration.
- Summer 2021: We’ll offer a combination of in-person, hybrid in-person and remote courses, prioritizing in-person classes to help undergraduate and graduate students advance and complete their degrees. See designated course modalities in the summer class schedule.
- Summer 2021 campus events: We expect campus events and activities to increase during the summer session—in accordance with public health guidelines—prioritizing events that support academics, research, creative work, and campus visits for prospective students and their families.
- Campus facilities:
- The Rec Center will remain open, reservations will continue and student access remain our priority. We’ll increase capacity as much as possible within local public health guidelines.
- Dining Services will continue to provide options for our campus community.
- The University Memorial Center (UMC) will continue to welcome students and guests with dining options, study rooms and The Connection open in alignment with the COVID-19 dial.
- Staffing: We expect employees to continue to work in the same environment as they have in the spring. Guidance to assist supervisors and employees in discussing work modalities for the fall is forthcoming.
- Fall 2021 outlook: We anticipate offering a more comprehensive on-campus experience, including increased in-person courses, continued variety in campus dining options, amenities and facilities, more student social activities, informal gatherings and on-campus events. Here at the College of Music, in accordance with public health guidelines, we especially hope for the possibility of public attendance at our events.
- Fall registration: The fall 2021 schedule of classes and students’ assigned enrollment dates will be available on March 29 and fall registration for degree-seeking continuing students will begin on April 5. Registration for readmitted students and new graduate students will begin April 26 and registration for incoming first-year undergraduate students will begin in July.
- Updates: CU Boulder Today provides updates to COVID-19 testing, vaccines, public health guidelines and more. As well, the weekly COVID-19 update publishes every Thursday and I encourage you to join campus leaders for the weekly Campus Q&A. The focus of these sessions for the semester will alternate each week between faculty/staff and students/families.
- Protect Our Herd: As Music Buffs and as a community, thanks for everything you’re doing to protect our herd. From weekly testing when you're on campus to continued adherence to masking and distancing requirements, let's keep working together to ensure that our spring semester leads us toward our new normal.
Stay tuned for more details by March 24.