Complete three steps to earn a master’s degree:
- Indicate your intention to pursue the degree on the Coursera platform.
- Complete a designated “pathway specialization” series of courses with a 3.0 (B) grade point average or above.
- Complete at least 30 credits with a 3.0 grade point average of MS-EE courses over the span of those credits. Course grades of lower than a 2.0 (C) cannot be applied to the degree.
- Pathway specializations are worth about 3 credits and are applied to the 30-credit degree. You must have completed at least one pathway specialization to be awarded the degree; you may complete the pathway at any time during your academic journey.
- Select only the courses you wish to take to earn the degree. The degree is completely elective. Our automated degree indicator will help you keep track of your progress.
- Degree students may pursue one or more focused graduate certificates and apply them towards their 30 credits, if they choose (see “Graduate Certificates” below). All certificates begin with a pathway specialization.
- You may declare enrollment in the master’s degree at any point during your academic journey and apply your previously earned credit to the MS-EE.
- Students who declare for the master’s degree will have access to the global career platform Handshake and life-long membership in the CU Boulder Alumni Association.
- Degree earners will receive an official University of Colorado Boulder detailed course transcript and a diploma for a Master of Science in electrical engineering. Certificates are awarded as they are completed and are listed on the transcript.