You can send a check, money order, cashier’s check, 529 payment, or certified funds through the mail. Mail payments at least two weeks before the due date. Payments sent in the mail must be received by close of business on the due date, 5 p.m. Mountain Time during fall and spring or 4:30 p.m. during summer. Postmarks do not constitute receipt of payment. Priority mail is not guaranteed to be received on time. Paying online is faster.
How to Mail a Payment
- Authorized payer log in to CUBill&Pay. (Students log in to Buff Portal (buffportal.colorado.edu). Locate the Tuition & Fees card. It will be on the main Buff Portal page. Then click Balance Summary and then click View/Pay Bill.)
- Click View & Pay Accounts.
- You will see options for main campus (CU Boulder Tuition and Fees) and Continuing Education. Click View Account Details for the bill you want to print.
- Click the Bill History tab.
- Find the bill date of the bill you want to pay and click PDF to the right.
- Print the PDF and detach the upper portion of the bill.
- Make your check payable to University of Colorado.
- Put the student’s 9-digit student ID number on the check. (Students can find their student ID number under their profile information in Buff Portal.)
- Send the upper portion of the bill and your check to:
Bursar’s Office – OCM
University of Colorado Boulder
2055 Regent Dr., room 175
Boulder, CO 80309-0041
You can pay by check or credit card at the cashier window inside the Bursar’s Office during office hours. For your convenience, free-standing payment drop boxes (painted all black) are located outside of the south and north entrances of Regent Administrative Center.
- Check number.
- Date the check is written. Write out the month, date, and year as shown above.
- Pay to the order of: University of Colorado
- Write the amount of the check in words, as shown above. This is very important; the check may be returned if not written correctly.
- The amount of the check written in numbers. The amount must match the written words on line #4.
- Memo line: write your 9-digit student ID number.
- Bank routing number.
- Your checking account number.
- Your signature.