We accept American Express, Mastercard, Visa and Discover. Paying by debit or credit card results in a nonrefundable service fee of 2.85%. If you would like to avoid this fee, please pay from your checking or savings account.
How to Pay with Your Credit Card
- Students log in to Buff Portal (buffportal.colorado.edu.) (Authorized payers log in to CUBill&Pay, select View & Pay Accounts and go to step 4 below.)
- Locate the Tuition & Fees card. It will be on the main Buff Portal page. Then click Balance Summary.
- On the Balance Summary view, you can see your current balance. To see the bill, click View/Pay Bill.
- You will see options for main campus (CU Boulder Tuition and Fees) and Continuing Education. Click View Account Details if you would like to see details. Otherwise, click Pay Boulder Tuition and Fees to pay for main campus classes. You will pay for Continuing Education classes separately.
- Enter the payment amount and choose a credit card. (A nonrefundable 2.85% service fee is assessed by NelNet Campus Commerce for all debit or credit transactions. We encourage payment from a checking or savings account (eCheck) in order to save money and avoid paying the service fee. Paying with eCheck is secure, fast and free.)
- Click Continue.
- Enter your payment information and click Continue.
- Review the information and click Confirm to make your payment.
- You will see two receipts: one for payment of tuition and fees and one for the service fee to NelNet.
How to Edit Payment Profiles
- Students log in to Buff Portal (buffportal.colorado.edu.) (Authorized payers log in to CUBill&Pay and go to step 3 below.)
- Locate the Tuition & Fees card. It will be on the main Buff Portal page. Then click Balance Summary and View/Pay Bill.
- Select Payment Profiles and then click on the profile you want to edit. To create a profile, click Add Credit/Debit Card Profile or Add eCheck Profile.
- To add or edit a profile, enter new information and click Save.