Looking to appeal late and finance charges only? See Paying Late.
You must withdraw from all classes being disputed within established deadlines prior to submitting a tuition dispute for those classes. If you are not withdrawn from classes, your dispute will be denied. The tuition dispute process applies to tuition and fees on your bill. If you are looking to appeal late and finance charges only, please complete the Late & Finance Charge Adjustment Petition on the Paying Late webpage.
Tuition disputes are available only to students who had to withdraw for the one or more of the extenuating circumstances outlined below. Supporting documentation must be provided to substantiate the circumstances:
- All information submitted is confidential.
- You must drop your class or formally withdraw from the university before submitting a tuition dispute.
- Once your classes are dropped or you have withdrawn, complete the tuition dispute by the end of the semester (last day of finals) in which the charges were incurred.
- If the dispute is not received by the last day of finals, you waive your right to appeal.
- The process takes about three weeks. It will take longer if documentation is missing.
- The committee may request more documentation if it is insufficient.
- You will be notified by email when a decision is made.
- If your request is approved, your account will be automatically adjusted accordingly.