Tuition, fees, and estimated books - together we have it covered.
The University of Colorado Boulder promises to offer enough grants and work-study to pay for the student share of tuition, fees, and estimated book expenses for incoming Colorado residents who qualify for the Federal Pell Grant and who meet the eligibility requirements below:
- Colorado resident
- U.S. Citizen or eligible non-citizen
- Federal Pell Grant eligible
- First-time freshman or a new transfer student from any CU campus or Colorado community college
- Admitted into an undergraduate degree program and attending in the fall semester
- Working on first bachelor's degree
- Enrolled full time (12 hours per semester) on the Boulder campus
- DEADLINE: Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and be awarded aid by July 1
- Complete the College Board PROFILE application (if and only if requested to by our office via email). Eligibility for CU Promise will be determined based on an analysis of the PROFILE results, in addition to other CU Promise criteria.
The university will evaluate the eligibility of all entering students who may qualify based on their completed financial aid application and submission of additional information as needed.
Students may receive the CU Promise for up to 10 semesters, or until they complete their degree. Transfer students have a maximum timeframe to receive the CU Promise that is pro-rated based on the total number of credit hours transferred to CU-Boulder.
All CU Promise students must meet the following renewal requirements every year:
- Enroll full-time each semester
- Meet Satisfactory Academic Progress each semester
- Apply for financial aid (fafsa.ed.gov)
- Qualify for Federal Pell Grant
- Meet the deadline stated above
In the event a student does not meet the renewal criteria, he or she may appeal to the Office of Financial Aid only if there is an extenuating circumstance (such as death of a relative, an injury or illness, other).
CU Promise Eligibility
|150 or more||Not Eligible|
Read the CU Promise FAQs for additional information.