On the morning of Thursday, May 5, the University of Colorado Boulder will honor the class of 2022 during the commencement ceremony at Folsom Field. Colleges, schools, departments and programs will also hold individual recognition ceremonies through May 8 at the CU Events Center, Business Field, Macky Auditorium, Recreation Center, University Memorial Center and numerous other locations around campus.
It will be several days filled with excitement and celebration. However, CU Boulder and city of Boulder roadways will be heavily impacted.
To reduce traffic and parking impacts, please consider one of the following options:
- Alternative transportation: Alternative transportation can include walking and biking (for Boulder-based faculty and staff) or riding the bus to campus. If there is no bus route near your home, your EcoPass allows you to drive to a Park-n-Ride, where you can ride to/from campus by bus. For help in planning your bus commute, review RTD’s Trip Planner and Park-n-Ride informative webpages.
- Please note that road congestion and the closure of Colorado Avenue west of Regent and 18th Street south to Euclid will create RTD bus reroutes for the Stampede, 209, 209G and J routes. CU Boulder campus passengers will be accommodated at the 18th and Euclid stop.
- Carpool with others: Plan now to ride-share with other employees who live near you.
- Explore remote opportunities: Employees who are not participating in or volunteering for commencement activities and whose work is conducive to telecommuting should speak with their supervisors to make arrangements.
- Use accrued leave: Employees who want to use leave should plan this option with their supervisors.
- Arrive prior to 7 a.m.: If you arrive after this time, please know that graduates, families and guests will be parked in campus parking lots and there may not be parking spaces available for permit holders.
- Ride the courtesy shuttles: Park in lots 556, 544, 548, and 543 on East Campus and ride the CU Discovery Express to Main Campus. Shuttles will run to and from Main Campus from 7 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Please join your campus colleagues to honor our student graduates, their families, friends, our university and the various colleges and schools during this special time. Thank you for all you do on behalf of CU Boulder.