How to Apply to Graduate
To apply to graduate, please follow the instruction here.
General Ceremony Information
Every year, spring graduation ceremonies are held in May, shortly following the end of each semester. While students can complete their degrees during summer semester, there is no summer graduation ceremony. Students who graduate in summer and would like to participate in a graduation ceremony must arrange to do so during the spring ceremonies.
The main graduation ceremony is typically scheduled in the morning at Folsom Field. More information on this ceremony can be found on the Commencement site. In addition, the sociology department hosts a departmental graduation ceremony and reception.
Congratulations Class of 2023!
Our ceremony will be held Friday, May 12th, 2023 at 10:00am at CU Recreation Center (REC) – Upper Gymnasium
- Doors open at 9:30am. Ceremony starts at 10am sharp and lasts about an hour.
- Water and cookies will be provided free of charge after the ceremony.
- Each graduate is allowed to bring 6 guests. You do not need tickets to the sociology commencement ceremony, but we’ll check you in at the door. It is free for all attendees.
- Seats are first come first serve and may not be reserved. There is limited space in the REC. Once all seats have been taken, attendees will have to stand.
- Masks are optional at this point, this may change based on COVID & University protocol but we will let you know.
- If an attendee has a disability and needs pre-arranged seating accommodations, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Monday, April 17th so appropriate arrangements can be made.
- In order to get your name in the sociology graduation program, you must submit a Spring 2023 or Summer 2023 graduation application by the April 1st deadline. No exceptions or extensions! The application can be found on the BuffPortal.
- If you graduated in Fall 2022, your name will be included in the program.
- If you miss the April 1st deadline for your name to be included in the program: You are still allowed to walk at graduation! Names are read from note cards filled out on the day of the ceremony.
- Parking is free on campus Thursday, May 11 – Sunday, May 14. We recommend the Folsom Parking Garage. Please check Parking and Transportation for maps and more info.
- Live captioning, the stream text link for our event is: TBD
Vendor Info and Day-Of Troubleshooting Captioning Help (Visible Voices): 720-838-3737 (text preferred)
Congratulations, you did it!
Have more questions? Check out the Spring Ceremony Commencement Site if you still have questions, email email@example.com
Department of Sociology
Class of 2022 Commencement Brochure
Class of 2020 Virtual Commencement Video
Class of 2021 Virtual Commencement Video