Flipgrid is a free, online platform that allows educators and facilitators to collect short video reflections from students and/or other program participants. Facilitators create “grids” that can be used to collect participants' responses to customized prompts. Participants record their own short videos to respond to a group discussion or question. One advantage of Flipgrid is its ability to get participants more comfortable with sharing their reflections. Flipgrid reflections can be collected from a defined group of people or through an open invitation.
When to Use: At the beginning or end of project
Estimated Time: 5 minutes for participants
Participants: Youth, Adults, Educators
- Set up a Flipgrid account
- Computers, laptops, tablets, or phones with cameras for recording
- Set up Flipgrid account and create a topic or prompt
- Add supporting links, pictures, or media for students to review before recording their own reflections
- Set video length
- Share the Flipgrid with students
- Create video, add filters, frames, text, etc.
- View and comment on videos from other students