We provide grants to help fund and support faculty with innovative ideas to create new or transform existing courses and programs to help students develop novel, STEM-based inventions and gain the necessary entrepreneurial skills needed to bring these ideas to market. We will be seeking proposals for areas that will support the emerging generation of inventors and innovators and the innovation and entrepreneurship ecosystems critical to their success.
Proposals may include plans for creating or improving an individual course, course sequence, minor, major, certificate program, incubator, accelerator, and other co- and extra-curricular programs. Faculty grants support educational courses or programs at the intersection of invention, innovation, and entrepreneurship that lead to the creation and support of student teams. Focus areas include, but are not limited to:
- General (technology-based) entrepreneurship
- New materials
- Clean tech/renewable energy innovation
- Technologies that address poverty alleviation and basic human needs, (including, but not limited to water, sanitation, healthcare, energy, agriculture, shelter)
- Tech-based entrepreneurship led by women and other underrepresented populations
- Biomedical and healthcare innovation
CU Internal Deadline: 11:59pm MST September 18, 2018
Sponsor Application Deadline: November 7, 2018
Internal Application Requirements (all in PDF format)
- Project Narrative (Up to 2 pages): Describe the proposed work and whether it is new or an expansion of existing courses/programs with emphasis placed on what you are proposing (not on what already exists). Provide information on history and context, team and partners, work plan, and outcomes.
- PI Resume / CV (no more than 3 pages)
- Budget Overview (Up to 1 page): A basic budget outlining project costs is sufficient; detailed OCG budgets are not required.
To access the online application, visit: https://colorado.secure-platform.com/a/solicitations/home/6251
The PI must be proposing a new course/program or strengthening an existing course/program that is focused on STEM entrepreneurship.
Limited Submission Guidelines
Limit two proposals per institution. If more than two are received, only the two received earliest will be reviewed.
Award Information and Duration
Award Amount: Up to $30,000.
Award Term: The duration of all Faculty Grants is now 3 years, although you may choose to spend the funding in 1 or 2.