US Department of State US Consulate Fukuoka Public Affairs Section (PAS) – Public Diplomacy Small Grants Program Solicitation
PAS Fukuoka invites Statement of Interest (SOI) for projects that strengthen cultural ties between the U.S. and Japan through cultural and exchange programming that highlights shared values and promotes bilateral cooperation. All programs must include an American cultural element, or connection with American expert/s, organization/s, or institution/s in a specific field that will promote increased understanding of U.S. policy and perspectives. PAS will only consider grants that are geared toward Japanese audiences. Applicants should submit their applications at least three months prior to the proposed project’s start date.
Examples of PAS Small Grants Program projects include, but are not limited to:
- Academic and professional lectures, seminars and speaker programs;
- Artistic and cultural workshops, joint performances and exhibitions; or
- Professional and academic exchanges and projects.
Priority Program Areas (see solicitation for additional detail):
- U.S. – Japan Bilateral Relationship
- Regional Security
- Economic Growth
- Social Issues
- English Teaching
CU Internal Deadline: 11:59pm MST September 4, 2018
Sponsor Application Deadline: November 1, 2018
Internal Application Requirements (all in PDF format)
- Project Summary (2-3 pages): Please include the following elements: problem statement, project goals and objectives, project activities, anticipated impact, evidence of ability to carry out project, and project monitoring/evaluation.
- Key Personnel (Up to 1 page): Please list names, titles, roles, and type of involvement of key personnel and partners involved in the project.
- Budget Overview (Up to 1 page): A basic budget outlining project costs is sufficient; detailed OCG budgets are not required.
To access the online application, visit: https://colorado.secure-platform.com/a/solicitations/home/5236
The following types of projects are not eligible for funding:
- Projects relating to partisan political activity;
- Charitable or development activities;
- Construction projects;
- Projects that support specific religious activities;
- Fund-raising campaigns;
- Lobbying for specific legislation or projects
- Scientific research;
- Projects intended primarily for the growth or institutional development of the organization; or
- Projects seeking funds for personal use.
The sponsor does not accept ongoing projects.
Limited Submission Guidelines
Applicants are only allowed to submit one Statement of Interest (SOI) per organization. If more than one SOI is submitted from an organization, all SOIs from that institution will be considered ineligible for funding.
Award Information and Duration
Award Amount: Range from a minimum of $1,000 to a maximum of $10,000.
Number of Awards: 2
Award Term: Up to 24 months.