Controlled SubstancesControlled Substances

It may be necessary to use controlled substances in certain research and teaching activities on the CU Boulder campus. All activities involving the use of controlled substances must have prior written approval from the appropriate campus regulatory bodies—typically, the CU Boulder Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee (IACUC) or Institutional Review Board (IRB).

More About Controlled Substances

  • General Inquiries:

  • 303-492-7401
    View RIO Organizational Chart


  • Mailing Address:

  • Research & Innovation Office
    University of Colorado Boulder
    Regent Administrative Center, Rm. 330
    99 UCB
    Boulder, CO 80309-0020

  • Street Address:

  • University of Colorado Boulder
    Regent Administrative Center
    2055 Regent Drive, Rm. 330
    Boulder, CO 80309-0020


Jon Reuter

Jon Reuter

Assistant Vice Chancellor of Research Integrity & Compliance
Office of Research Integrity (Compliance) • Controlled Substances • Export Controls • Human Research & IRB • Responsible Conduct of Research • IACUC