The "Quick Whip" is a quick and easy way to collect participants' feedback in a group. Ask a simple and direct question that participants will be comfortable answering without any preparation and do a quick 'go around' to hear their feedback. Or, ask some questions of the group that participants can respond to with a show of hands. Be prepared to record participants' responses or count shows of hands in order to quantify the feedback.
When to Use: At the end of a program
Estimated Time: 5 minutes
Participants: Young Children, Youth, Adults, Educators
Supplies: Flexible depending on setting and group. Try these different options.
- Verbal answers to a prompt or posted question, a method to record responses
- Show of hands to a prompt or question, a method to tally and record responses
Sample Questions: Ask a simple direct question and go around the room to get feedback from everybody.
- What was one thing you learned today?
- What do you want to work on tomorrow?
- What is a question or concern you have?
- What surprised you?