**The 2018 deadline for this opportunity has passed or the internal application slot has been granted. Updated information will be posted when the next funding cycle opens.**
Based on their performance during their education and training, candidates should demonstrate outstanding promise as contributors in science relevant to human health. Strong proposals will incorporate particularly creative and innovative approaches. Candidates whose work is based on biomedical principles, but brings in concepts and theories from more diverse fields, are encouraged to apply. Risk-taking is encouraged. Selection of the successful candidates will be based on a detailed description of the work that the applicant proposes to undertake, evaluations of the candidate’s performance, and notable past accomplishments, including honors, awards and publications. In evaluating the candidates, the National Advisory Committee gives considerable weight to evidence that the candidate is a successful independent investigator and has published significant work.
CU Internal Competition Deadline: 11:59pm MST May 24, 2018
Nomination Deadline: June 29, 2018
Application Deadline: October 15, 2018
Internal Application Requirements (all in PDF format)
- Up to 2-page proposal
- Up to 2-page curriculum vitae
- 1-page recommendation letter from chair, director, or dean
To access the online application, visit: https://colorado.secure-platform.com/a/solicitations/home/4198
- Candidates must have been awarded a doctorate in biomedical sciences, medicine or a related field.
- As of Oct. 15, 2018, nominees must hold full-time appointments at the rank of assistant professor. (Appointments such as Research Assistant Professor, Adjunct Assistant Professor, Assistant Professor Research Track, Visiting Professor or Instructor are not eligible.)
- On June 29, 2018, candidates must have been in such an appointment for less than three years (not appointed before June 29, 2015), whether or not such an appointment was on a tenure track. Time spent in clinical internships, residencies, or in work toward board certification does not count as part of this three-year limit
- Candidates may be nominated by their institution two times in total. ALL applicants must be nominated by their institution and must complete the 2019 online application.
Limited Submission Guidelines
One nomination will be invited from each of the participating institutions.
Award Information and Duration
The current grant level is $300,000; $75,000 per year for a four-year period.