Please see the full solicitation for complete information about the funding opportunity. Below is a summary assembled by the Research & Innovation Office (RIO).
These competitive research awards provide seed money for junior faculty members that often result in additional funding from other sources. Awards can be used to support faculty summer salary, grad student salary, travel, equipment, and other assistance relevant to the faculty member’s research (not overhead or indirect costs). Research collaborations are encouraged (with government, private-sector, other academic researchers, and ORNL researchers); substantive interdisciplinary and inter-institutional research partnerships will increase chances for success.
CU Internal Deadline: 11:59pm MST November 6, 2018
Sponsor Proposal Deadline: 10:00am MST January 9, 2019
Internal Application Requirements (all in PDF format)
- Research Proposal (2 pages + 1 optional page of references relating to the proposal): Please address the following: research goals, objectives, and relevant background; expected outcomes and relevance; research design and methodology; competence of applicant to perform the proposed research; available research facilities and resources; budget justification.
- Abbreviated Resume/CV (2 pages): Second page should list publications and/or presentations.
To access the online application, visit: https://colorado.secure-platform.com/a/solicitations/home/6265
Full-time assistant professors within two years of their initial tenure track appointment at the time of application.
Research projects must fall within one of these five disciplines:
- Engineering and Applied Science
- Life Sciences
- Mathematics/Computer Sciences
- Physical Sciences
- Policy, Management, or Education (this research does not have to be focused on the STEM fields)
Limited Submission Guidelines
ORAU member institutions may select two junior faculty members to be considered for an award.
Award Information and Duration
Award Amount: $5,000
Award Duration: 1 year (June 1 to May 31)
Match Requirement: The applicant’s institution is required to match the award with at least an additional $5,000. Match cannot be used for overhead or indirect costs.