ORAU’s University Partnerships Office offers an Events Sponsorship Program to member institutions. Each member university is limited to one award per fiscal year (October through September).
Up to $4,000 may be requested to support an event that involves participants from more than one ORAU member institution, including students. Examples of such events include visits to an ORAU consortium member by a renowned speaker, conferences or workshops with a focused theme, or a technology transfer/business plan competition.
This limited submission funding opportunity competition is for applications for events occurring between October 1, 2019 through March 31, 2020.
Funding is provided exclusively from non-federal monies by ORAU.
Event grants will be considered for events that meet the following criteria:
- Participation by more than one ORAU institution is required. One ORAU member university will submit the proposal and manage the grant funds.
- Potential impact of the event, including the number of institutions or participants will be a big factor in our decision.
- Participation by students is considered a positive factor.
- New events are preferred over ongoing or annual events with established financial models.
- Preference will be given to events in STEM disciplines.
- A representative from ORAU must be invited to the event and will attend, if possible.
CU Internal Deadline: 11:59pm MST July 2, 2019
Sponsor Application Deadline: September 1, 2019
Internal Application Requirements (all in PDF format)
- Project Summary (2 pages maximum): Please include event title/location, history of event (if it is part of a series), purpose and scope of event, anticipated outcomes, and other participating ORAU member institutions.
- Budget Overview (1 page maximum): A basic budget outlining project costs is sufficient; detailed OCG budgets are not required.
To access the online application, visit: https://colorado.secure-platform.com/a/solicitations/home/6357
ORAU does not allow overhead charges or indirect costs on the award.
Limited Submission Guidelines
Each member university is limited to one award per fiscal year (October 1 through September 30).
Award Information and Duration
Award Amount: Up to $4,000