Please see the full solicitation for complete information about the funding opportunity. Below is a summary assembled by the Research & Innovation Office (RIO).
The Japanese American Confinement Sites Grant Program provides financial assistance to organizations and entities working to preserve historic Japanese American confinement sites and their history. The program is for projects to identify, research, evaluate, interpret, protect, restore, repair, and acquire historic confinement sites in order that present and future generations may learn and gain inspiration from these sites and that these sites will demonstrate the Nation’s commitment to equal justice under the law. Projects funded through the Japanese American Confinement Sites Grant Program must benefit one or more historic Japanese American confinement sites. Grant Program include the following categories:
- Capital projects
- Oral history interviews
- Interpretation and education related to historic confinement sites
- Preservation of confinement sites and related historic resources
- Planning projects
- Non-Federal real property acquisition: allowed only with the owner’s written permission at only Heart Mountain, Honouliuli, Jerome, Rohwer, and Topaz, per stipulations of Public Laws 109-441 and 111-88.
CU Internal Deadline: 11:59pm MST October 22, 2018
Sponsor Application Deadline: 5:00pm MST December 3, 2018
Internal Application Requirements (all in PDF format)
- Project Summary (2-3 pages): Please include the following: project type, need, impact, feasibility, sustainability, support. Please also include the confinement site(s) that will benefit from the project, and how the project will advance one of the Department of Interior priorities or key initiatives outlined in the solicitation.
- PI Biosketch / CV
- Budget Overview (Up to 1 page): A basic budget outlining project costs is sufficient; detailed OCG budgets are not required. Please include the sources of non-federal cost match.
To access the online application, visit: https://colorado.secure-platform.com/a/solicitations/home/6269
No special eligibility requirements. Individuals may not apply.
Limited Submission Guidelines
Each applicant may submit up to 3 applications annually (for 3 separate projects), but each applicant can receive only 2 grants per fiscal year grant cycle.
Award Information and Duration
Award Amount: Minimum grant request is $5,000 Federal share.
Award Duration: 2 years
Number of Awards: approximately 10
Matching Requirement: Each grant requires a 2:1 Federal to non-Federal match; that is, to receive two dollars of Federal funds at least one dollar non-Federal match is required.