The purpose of this Program Solicitation is to select an organization (Cooperator) to produce and coordinate the 2020 NEA Jazz Masters Tribute Concert and ancillary events in conjunction with the NEA. In brief, the Cooperator will:
- Produce a free, public Concert in an indoor venue in a U.S. city in the winter or spring of 2020.
- Coordinate program components such as a live webcast and broadcast of the Concert; a marketing and public engagement strategy that appeals to local, national, and global audiences; and ancillary events as detailed below.
- Contract with an experienced videography vendor to produce Tribute videos for all award recipients per the specifications and timeline agreed to by the parties.
The Concert may take place in any U.S. city with a thriving jazz community or other characteristics that are likely to draw a robust audience for the Concert. We are interested in receiving proposals for concerts in venues located in a wide range of U.S. cities, states, and territories, especially those in the middle region of the country.
CU Internal Competition Deadline: 11:59pm MST July 10, 2018
Sponsor Application Deadline: 9:59pm MST August 15, 2018
Internal Application Requirements (all in PDF format)
- Project Narrative (2-3 pages): Please include your proposed plans for presenting and producing a concert to celebrate and honor the honorees as well as your plan for ancillary events, your experience in producing and presenting arts events for the public, and your organization’s mission and principal activities.
- List of Key Personnel (up to 1 page): Please include name, title, institution/organization, and department/unit if applicable.
- Budget Overview (up to 1 page): A basic budget outlining project costs is sufficient; detailed OCG budgets are not required.
To access the online application, visit: https://colorado.secure-platform.com/a/solicitations/home/5213
An organization may not receive more than one NEA award for the same costs during the same or an overlapping period of performance.
Eligible applicants must:
- Have at least three years of experience in performing arts presenting and producing prior to the application deadline.
- Have submitted acceptable Final Report packages by the due date(s) for all National Endowment for the Arts award(s) previously received.
Limited Submission Guidelines
An organization may submit only one proposal under this program solicitation.
Award Information and Duration
Award Amount: $425,000
Number of Awards: 1
Project Period: This Cooperative Agreement will begin on or after December 31, 2018, and may extend up to 18 months.