Please see the full solicitation for complete information about the funding opportunity. Below is a summary assembled by the Research & Innovation Office (RIO).
The Johnson & Johnson Scholars Award Program aims to fuel development of female STEM2D leaders and feed the STEM2D talent pipeline by awarding and sponsoring women at critical points in their careers, in each of the STEM2D disciplines: Science, Technology, Engineering, Math, Manufacturing and Design.
The awards will fund one woman per discipline who has completed her advanced degree, who is working as an assistant professor and who is not yet tenured at an accredited university or design institution. The goal is to fuel the research passion of the awarded women and inspire career paths in their respective STEM2D fields.
By offering these awards, Johnson & Johnson hopes to play an influential role in STEM2D breakthroughs in the future.
CU Internal Deadline: 11:59pm MT July 31, 2019
Sponsor Application Deadline: 7:00am MT September 25, 2019
Internal Application Requirements (all in PDF format)
- Your discipline: choose one of: Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics, Manufacturing, or Design.
- 1,000 words (plus one page of images) detailing your proposed area of research.
- Resume (3 pages, font size 11), including a list of publications, presentations, abstracts, current financial support already obtained, other folio work and two references.
- Budget Overview (up to 1 page): A basic budget outlining research costs is sufficient; detailed OCG budgets are not required.
To access the online application, visit: https://colorado.secure-platform.com/a/solicitations/home/6390
You must be a woman working in the field(s) of Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics, Manufacturing and Design (STEM2D).
You must be an assistant female professor or global equivalent faculty position at the time of application at an accredited academic university, institution or design school.
The female scholar should have a minimum degree for the appropriate field:
- Science; M.D., Ph.D.
- Technology; Ph.D.
- Engineering; Ph.D.
- Math; M.S., Ph.D.
- Manufacturing; Ph.D.
- Design; M.A., M.S., MDes, MArch, MFA, MLA, Ph.D.
Limited Submission Guidelines
Each institution can support and recommend one applicant per each STEM2D discipline. Therefore, each university can support a total of 6 applicant submissions (one for Science, one for Technology, one for Engineering, one for Mathematics, one for Manufacturing, and one for Design).
Award Amount: $150,000
Award Duration: 3 years
Expected Number of Awards: The awards will fund one woman per discipline.