Please see the full solicitation for complete information about the funding opportunity. Below is a summary assembled by the Research & Innovation Office (RIO). Note the matching requirements under the Award Information section below.
EPA is announcing a grant competition to fund two-year Source Reduction Assistance (SRA) agreements that support research, investigation, study, demonstration, education and training using source reduction approaches (also known as “pollution prevention” and herein referred to as “P2”). P2 means reducing or eliminating pollutants from entering any waste stream or otherwise released into the environment prior to recycling, treatment, or disposal. EPA is particularly interested in receiving applications that offer hands on practical P2 tools, information and/or innovative P2 approaches to measurably improve the public health and the surrounding environment, by reducing the use of hazardous substances, reducing toxic pollutants, supporting efficiencies in reducing resource use (e.g., water and energy), and reducing business expenditures and liability costs.
In order to direct resources and funding to generate more impactful and measurable results, EPA’s national P2 Program has adopted program priorities referred to as P2 National Emphasis Areas (NEAs), which are described below. Focusing SRA grant activities (i.e., research, investigation, experiments, education, training, studies, and/or demonstration of innovative techniques) on the NEAs should also provide opportunities for synergy among SRA grantees, businesses and/or other entities within similar sectors where they collectively may be able to share information, expertise, lessons learned, training, and tools. Many of the NEAs align with the Agency’s smart sector initiative to help develop sensible approaches that better protect the environment and public health.
- NEA #1: Food and Beverage Manufacturing and Processing
- NEA #2: Chemical Manufacturing, Processing and Formulation
- NEA #3: Automotive Manufacturing and Maintenance
- NEA #4: Aerospace Product and Parts Manufacturing and Maintenance
- NEA #5: Metal Manufacturing and Fabrication
CU Internal Deadline: 11:59pm MST March 31, 2020
Sponsor Application Deadline: 9:59pm MST April 30, 2020
Internal Application Requirements (all in PDF format)
- Project Summary (2-3 pages maximum): Please include the following: project goal statement (2-3 sentences) summarizing how the project addresses P2; estimate of expected outputs and environmental outcomes; and an explanation of how the project addresses all evaluation criteria (page 21 of the solicitation), referencing the criteria number and title.
- PI Curriculum Vitae
- Budget Overview (1 page maximum): A basic budget outlining project costs is sufficient; detailed OCG budgets are not required.
To access the online application, visit: https://cuboulderovcr.secure-platform.com/a/solicitations/6482/home
There are no special eligibility requirements.
Limited Submission Guidelines
Only one application will be accepted and reviewed per applicant.
Award Amount: $20,000 – $200,000
Award Duration: 2 years
***Matching: Applicants must provide at least 5% matching funds of the total allowable project cost.***