Please see the full solicitation for complete information about the funding opportunity. Below is a summary assembled by the Research & Innovation Office (RIO).
This opportunity addresses priorities in the following Areas of Interest:
- Area of Interest 1: Hydropower Operational Flexibility
- Area of Interest 1a: Quantify Hydropower Capabilities for Operational Flexibility
- Area of Interest 1b: Operation Strategies for Increasing Hydropower Flexibility
- Area of Interest 2: Low-Head Hydropower and In-Stream Hydrokinetic Technologies
- Area of Interest 2a: Modular Technologies for Low-Head Hydropower Applications
- Area of Interest 2b: Modular Technologies for River Current Energy Converter Applications
- Area of Interest 3: Advancing Wave Energy Device Design
- Area of Interest 4: Marine Energy Centers Research Infrastructure Upgrades
Please note that the only limited submission opportunity is Area of Interest 3, so the other areas of interest will not be included in CU Boulder’s limited submission process.
Area of Interest 3 will focus on projects to advance the design of MHK systems and devices capable of being tested at an open-water testing facility.
Specifically Not of Interest for Area of Interest 3 include:
- Applications that do not include grid connection requirements in their proposed design
- Open water testing activities
- Applications that propose to design devices that are not intended for testing and grid connection at PacWave-South test site
CU Internal Deadline: 11:59pm MST April 25, 2019
Sponsor Concept Paper Deadline: 3:00pm MT May 13, 2019
Sponsor Full Proposal Deadline: 3:00pm MT July 9, 2019
Internal Application Requirements (all in PDF format)
- Concept Paper (3 pages maximum): Please include the following: project title, area of interest, key team members (including roles/responsibilities and qualifications, experience, and capabilities), and a technical description and impacts (including proposed work, how work is innovative and unique, target level of performance, current state-of-the-art in relevant field, how the proposed work will overcome current shortcomings/limitations/challenges, potential impact of proposed project, key technical risks, and impact of EERE funding on proposed project).
- Budget Overview (1 page maximum): A basic budget outlining project costs is sufficient; detailed OCG budgets are not required. Please include the source of the required 20% cost share.
To access the online application, visit: https://colorado.secure-platform.com/a/solicitations/home/6361
EERE will accept only new applications under this FOA. EERE will not consider applications for renewals of existing EERE-funded awards through this FOA.
Only applications who have submitted an eligible Concept Paper will be eligible to submit a Full Application.
Limited Submission Guidelines
For Area of Interest 3, an entity may only submit one Concept Paper and one Full Application.
Area of Interest 3: Advancing Wave Energy Device Design
Award Amount: Up to $1.8 million
Award Duration: 18 months
Estimated Number of Awards: up to 4
Required Cost Share: The cost share must be at least 20% of the total allowable costs and must come from non-federal sources unless otherwise allowed by law.