**The 2018 deadline for this opportunity has passed or the internal application slot has been granted. Updated information will be posted when the next funding cycle opens.**
This Notice of Funding Opportunity (NOFO) will provide funding to academic research centers to participate in the network of Health Promotion and Disease Prevention Research Centers (PRC Network) to:
- Establish and maintain a multi-disciplinary prevention research center (Center) that conducts high-quality applied health promotion and disease prevention research;
- Conduct one applied public health prevention research project (Core Research Project) using a community engagement approach to address a major cause of disease, disability, injury, or death in a population experiencing health disparities;
- Disseminate research findings to community, practice, and academic audiences;
- Translate evidence-based interventions for sustainability and widespread scale-up; and
- Serve as a resource, as part of the PRC Network, for developing, implementing, evaluating, disseminating, and translating evidence-based public health interventions at local, state, tribal, or national levels.
CU Internal Expression of Interest Deadline: 11:59pm MST April 19, 2018
Letter of Intent Deadline: 3:00pm MST May 25, 2018
Application Deadline: 3:00pm MST June 25, 2018
There are no special eligibility requirements.
Limited Submission Guidelines
Only one application per institution is allowed.
Award Information and Duration
Total Funding Available: $75,000,000 - $112,500,000 (direct and indirect costs)
Number of Awards: 20 to 30
Award Amount: $750,000 annually ($3,750,000 for entire project period)
Project Period: 5 years