This page provides information about the DEPA disclosure form, troubleshooting access problems, and who is required to submit the form.
- To submit a DEPA, follow the instructions below.
- Instructions on how to fill out and submit the new DEPA form are included within the COI PI InfoEd Guide.
- If you need to submit a DEPA while the online reporting system is closed for maintenance (e.g. after December 5, 2021), click here: Manual DEPA Form
- Please note: The above form should only be used if the online reporting system is unavailable.
- Instructions on how to navigate to a previous DEPA form submission are located here.
All DEPA disclosure forms must be submitted electronically for tracking and auditing purposes.
All faculty, and any other employee or student with responsibility for the design, conduct or reporting of research are considered critical to the research process and must disclose any significant financial interest and external professional activity that could compromise university decision making or duties. Projects and protocols submitted to the Office of Grants and Contracts or to the IRB cannot receive approval until an annual DEPA is submitted, reviewed and approved. It is not for each individual researcher to decide if he/she must report based on a belief that no conflicts exist. ALL personnel listed in the groups below must report, as stipulated, in order for the institution to be in compliance with federal regulations and institutional policies.
The following CU Boulder personnel are required to submit an annual DEPA:
- Tenure Track Faculty (ALL levels);
- Adjunct, Visiting and Research Faculty (ALL levels)—this includes Retired Faculty if still actively engaged in projects at CU Boulder;
- PRAs, Research Associates and Research Assistants (ALL levels);
- Instructors (ALL levels);
- Professional Exempt Staff;
- Librarians, Museum Associates and Fellows;
- Non-employee Graduate Students if currently involved in the design, conduct and reporting of any research OR if involved in a CU Boulder employee-affiliated company/entity;
- Undergraduate Students, Volunteers and Consultants if responsible for the design, conduct and reporting of research OR if involved in a CU Boulder employee-affiliated company/entity;
- Research Committee Members (i.e. IRB members, IACUC members and/or other research review committees); and
- Staff who negotiate or execute research agreements on behalf of CU Boulder Area/Program Administrators, Office of Contracts and Grants staff members, and Venture Partners at CU Boulder (formerly the Technology Transfer Office) staff members.
TAs, Lecturers and Adjoint Faculty typically do NOT need to report. However, university personnel involved in the design, conduct and reporting of research DO need to submit a DEPA, regardless of job type.
Key DEPA dates required for proposals and awards
- Between January 3—January 31, 2022, having a current DEPA (within one year of the date of the proposal submission date) on file will meet the DEPA requirement for proposal submission.
- Beginning February 1, 2022, PIs and Co-PIs must have a 2022 disclosure that at least is in a submitted status before the proposal can be submitted.
- If the last DEPA filed is older than twelve (12) months, then disclosers must submit a 2022 DEPA before proposal submission.
Effective January 1, 2022, award monies will not be released until a 2022 DEPA Form has been submitted and reviewed, or is under review with COIC authorization that funding can move forward.
Reminder Regarding PHS/NIH Projects
PHS/NIH projects require the researcher to be current with PHS/NIH training, required every four (4) years. Disclosers must indicate PHS/NIH funding on the DEPA Form in order to access the training module, and then check a box on the form indicating their completion.
- Contracts & Grants
- Animal Care & Use Program
- Human Research & IRB
- Export Controls
- Controlled Substances
- Conflicts of Interest & Commitment
- Responsible Research
- QA/QI Program
- Research Tools
- Human Research & IRB
- Research Professor Series & HR
- Reports & Strategic Planning
IT Help: If you have technical difficulties logging into eRA, please assess your browser. We recommend using Edge, Safari, Firefox, Chrome or Internet Explorer v. 11. If difficulties persist, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note: You must be established in the CU personnel system with a UUID in order to access the DEPA reporting site. UUIDs are automatically assigned when employees, students, and POIs are set up in their respective personnel systems. You do not need to know or keep track of this number. It is not the same as an employee, student or POI ID number.
Content Help: If you have questions about the DEPA reporting process, email email@example.com, or call 303-492-3024.