Our mission is to conduct innovative research that advances our understanding of the global, regional, and local environments and the human relationship with those environments, for the benefit of society.
The CIRES Education & Outreach Group supports broader impacts by:
- Developing a competitive outreach plan tailored to your proposal;
- Identifying education & outreach opportunities that match your interests;
- Connecting you with education & outreach partners locally and nationally;
- Assessing the impact of your education & outreach activities; and
- Publishing about education & outreach effort we conduct together.
Broader Impact support include activities such as teacher workshops; stakeholder seminars; graduate student engagement; curriculum development; citizen science projects; video development; REU mentoring; massive open online courses (MOOCs); community events; K-12 student activities and camps; social media web presence, research and evaluation.