Please see the full solicitation for complete information about the funding opportunity. Below is a summary assembled by the Research & Innovation Office (RIO).
Foundation resources are invested to enrich Denver’s cultural life and landscape.
Project Support Grants: The Foundation makes grants to support new or ongoing projects that are exceptional for their artistic merit, innovation, collaborative design and/or targeted approach to cultural participation. Project support may also be awarded to strengthen organizational capacity.
To help achieve the foundation’s objectives, the foundation is looking for partners who:
- demonstrate measurable benefit to the city and county of Denver
- commit to continuous improvement in artistic product, organizational effectiveness and financial strength
- serve as exemplary models within their field and whose leaders help to advance the role and impact of the arts
- embrace changing demographics, and seek ways of engaging new and diverse audiences
- recognize and compensate professional artists
- collaborate with other organizations in meaningful and new ways
- strive to make the arts accessible
- generate “buzz” about their offerings
- adhere to nonprofit best practices
The following are generally not eligible for funding:
- Loans, grants or scholarships to individuals
- Events, media productions, seminars, conferences, or travel
- Activities or initiatives that have a religious purpose
- Endowment funding
- Funding to retire operating debt
- Requests from organizations outside of Colorado or that are not for the benefit of Colorado citizens
Receipt of grant requests from new applicants without initial calls will be declined.
CU Internal Deadline: 11:59pm MST May 30, 2019
Sponsor Application Deadline: 5:00pm MST August 10, 2019
Internal Application Requirements (all in PDF format)
- Project Summary (2 pages maximum)
- PI CV / Biosketch
- Budget Overview (1 page maximum): A basic budget outlining project costs is sufficient; detailed OCG budgets are not required.
To access the online application, visit: https://colorado.secure-platform.com/a/solicitations/home/6351
No special eligibility requirements.
Limited Submission Guidelines
Organizations may submit only one proposal in a twelve month period.
Award Amount: No amount specified. Most awarded grants appear to be in the $4,000 to $80,000 with a handful of grants in the $100,000 to $250,000 range.