Please see the full solicitation for complete information about the funding opportunity. Below is a summary assembled by the Research & Innovation Office (RIO).
The American-Scandinavian Foundation promotes the cultures of the Nordic countries in the United States and American culture in the Nordic countries by encouraging programs that will enhance public appreciation of culture, art, and thought. In establishing priorities, the Foundation considers the lasting benefits that may be achieved by any grant, and favors projects where its contribution will complement support from other sources.
ASF does not support:
- Capital expenses.
- Institutional overhead and other administrative fees.
- Underwriting book, periodical or website publication.
- Production of commercial CDs or cassettes.
- Conference participation or conference registration for individuals. However, general conference expenses such as costs for special invitees/speakers can be supported.
- Participation in studio residencies other than those with which ASF already has an ongoing affiliation.
- Retroactive funding. Projects cannot begin before the decision announcement date.
Awards to Scandinavian-American cultural festivals are restricted to supporting the participation of Scandinavian performers or artists brought to the US for the event. The maximum amount awarded for this type of project is $500.
CU Internal Deadline: 11:59pm MST July 18, 2019
Sponsor Application Deadline: September 15, 2019
Internal Application Requirements (all in PDF format)
- Project Summary (2 pages maximum): Please include the following: project description; dates and sites of performance or presentation, seating capacity of hall or auditorium; history or background of institution with illustrations of experience presenting similar projects; biographical background of scholars/artists/producers involved; audience to whom the event is addressed (size, composition), how it is reached, and description of publicity strategy.
- PI CV or Biographical Sketch
- Budget Overview (1 page maximum): A basic budget outlining project costs is sufficient; detailed OCG budgets are not required.
To access the online application, visit: https://colorado.secure-platform.com/a/solicitations/home/6378
There are no special eligibility requirements.
Limited Submission Guidelines
ASF will only accept one application per organization per competition cycle.
Award Amount: The maximum award amount is $5,000; however, average grants range between $1,000 to $2,000.