About Grade Liaisons
Grade liaisons are representatives in departments who help faculty get their grades posted on time in collaboration with the Office of the Registrar. They are expected to:
- Subscribe to and keep up with the grade liaison campus email list and Registrar Network newsletter
- Understand web grading procedures and deadlines well enough to support faculty when they need local assistance with web grading
- Know how to get help from the Office of the Registrar when needed
- Have read the help documents on the Post Final Grades page and refer faculty to them
- Run the Grade Liaison Report in CU-Data before grading deadlines each term to determine which faculty need local support or additional reminders
- Help ensure the integrity of our institution by making sure faculty in their department post their grades on time
Processes & Procedures
Lists of outstanding grades are routinely shared with the grade liaisons. In addition, the Vice Provost for Undergraduate Education may contact deans, department heads and instructors to collect grades that are missing from past terms. Grade liaisons may not receive notice about these communications.
Late grades cause serious issues for students, academic units and administrative offices. During grading season, the Office of the Registrar sends late-grade reports to grade liaisons with instructor, class and roster information.
Web grading does not immediately close after the grading deadline. Instructors can still submit late grades through MyCUInfo until NR grades are assigned on the third Thursday after the final grading deadline). After NR grades are assigned, instructors will need to use the Change Submitted Grades instructions to update final grades.
Grade liaisons should have access to run a report in CU-Data of outstanding grade rosters that includes department, instructor, number of students and other useful information.
To run the report:
- Log in to MyCUInfo.
- Click the CU Resources tab.
- Click the compass icon (NavBar).
- Click CU Resources.
- Click CU-Data.
- Select Team Content.
- Navigate to CUBLD > Records and Registration > General Student Records Data Reports.
- Locate the Grade Liaison Report and click the right arrow/triangle button ("Run with options") to run the report.
Note: CU-Data information is always 24 hours old.
Frequently Asked Questions