(Spring Semester Only)
The Academy, a retirement community close to campus (map), has agreed to make its Chapel available for College of Music student degree-required recitals on Saturdays in March and April at 2 p.m.
Student Request Procedure
- Check The Academy Google calendar at the bottom of this page or check the College of Music Planning Calendar. The Academy calendar lists if the recital date is available or unavailable (or whose recital is being held there).
- If you would like to request one of the available 2 p.m. slots, follow the rest of the guidelines on the Scheduling and Promotion page, indicating “The Academy” as your recital location on the form.
- The fee for scheduling your recital at The Academy is only $20 (just as any other off-campus venue). This fee includes programs and is payable to “University of Colorado.” You are responsible for picking up your programs from the College of Music and transporting them to The Academy.
- NOTE: The Academy does NOT provide music stands.
Other Recital Dates at The Academy
- Contact The Academy directly if you desire a time outside of the above parameters.
- These recitals would be scheduled at the discretion of The Academy and would not necessarily be promoted by them.
- Contact The Academy Community Life to schedule these other recitals – Cindy Parker or Aaron Wolle at 303-938-1920 or email@example.com.
- If you are planning a degree-required recital outside the above parameters, it will be your responsibility to contact the College of Music regarding any arrangements you have made with The Academy. You must follow all college guidelines for off-campus recitals.
- You can begin setting up for your recital one hour prior to the performance.
- You should be in touch with the front office staff of The Academy for access to the hall.
- You may have a reception in the hall immediately afterward.
- You will have to provide all refreshments, music stands, programs, etc.
- If you request it in advance, The Academy is willing to provide a long table, tablecloth and pitchers of water.
- You are responsible for letting The Academy know about any special requirements (i.e. A/V, seating) in advance.
- You are responsible for communication with guests, for giving directions to The Academy and for cleaning up.
- You must request that your guests park on the same side of the street as The Academy.
- You must tape down loose cords with gaffer’s tape.
- The College of Music will not provide recording staff or stage management.
- It will be your responsibility to obtain your own professional recording technician for your recital held at The Academy just as with any other off-campus venue.
- If you would like to schedule dress rehearsal time in the hall of The Academy, you can do so with Cindy Parker at 303-938-1920 or firstname.lastname@example.org.