Published: April 10, 2015 By

jennifer hayghe

Jennifer Hayghe.

Juilliard-trained classical pianist Jennifer Hayghe will soon call the University of Colorado Boulder College of Music her new home. Hayghe joins the keyboard department as associate professor of piano. She comes to Colorado from the School of Music at Ithaca College in New York.

"I've been a fan of the College of Music since my first visit there in 2003 when I came to give a recital and master class," Hayghe says. "Nearly a half dozen of my former students have pursued their graduate studies at the College of Music, and my more recent visit a few years ago reinforced my earlier opinions about the school and the faculty." 

Hayghe has made solo and orchestral appearances all over the world, including with the National Symphony Orchestra and Syracuse Symphony Orchestra.

As a student at Juilliard, Hayghe was the last student under legendary pianist Adele Marcus. She won every award possible for a Juilliard pianist, including the William Petschek Debut Award, which resulted in her recital at Alice Tully Hall in New York City.

Hayghe also specializes in chamber music, performing in several major series including the Museum of Modern Art’s “Summergarden” and Bargemusic in New York. She has also been featured frequently in live performances on National Public Radio and other classical music radio programs and released a solo recording, Paintings From the Piano.

In addition to being a member of the faculty at Ithaca, Hayghe recently conducted master classes at the Manhattan School of Music and the New York University Piano Master Class Series.

Graduate work will be a focus for Hayghe in Boulder. "I'm looking forward to continuing my work with undergraduate students, but also returning to a setting where I will work with graduate and doctoral students as well," she said. 

Hayghe and her family will make the move to Colorado this summer.

"My family and I are very excited about the gorgeous Boulder landscapes, weather and sunshine!"