Effective January 1, 2021, the minimum wage in Colorado will increase from $12.00 to $12.32 per hour. On the Boulder campus, this primarily impacts temporary and student employees.
No Action Required:
- Hourly Appointments - Employee Services, the CU system office that serves all four campuses, will increase hourly appointments in HCM below the new minimum to $12.32. This upload will be run in early January.
- Salaried Staff Appointments - CU Boulder HR will query salaried staff paid with an hourly rate below $12.32 and will notify impacted departments and make adjustments in HCM effective Jan. 1.
- For non-hourly and non-staff populations (e.g. faculty, grad students, research faculty, contract appointments, etc.), you should ensure that employees are compensated equivalent to or above the new minimum wage rate. Any adjustments should be made effective 1/1/2021 or earlier.
- For all employee populations, check your department rosters in mid-January to ensure all employees are correctly listed at or above $12.32 per hour.
- Ensure going forward that new appointments are set up at or above the new Colorado minimum wage.
- For classified employees, pay range information for FY20-21 is available from the Colorado Department of Personnel and Administration (DPA)’s website.
- For student assistants, the student employee pay ranges are available from the student employment website.
If you have questions about the impact of the new Colorado minimum wage, please contact your campus HR Compensation Consultant.