Make the most out of your time at CU! Studies have shown that physical activity, in any form, helps to relieve stress and improve cognitive function. So keep reading, visit the Recreation Services website and follow-us on social media! We want to help you Find Your Fit, feel good in your body, have fun and get the most out of your unique college experience.
Benefits of using the Rec
De-stress by staying active
While we can’t avoid stress, we can alleviate it before it wreaks havoc on our minds and bodies. Here are a few of the ways that you can relieve stress, while having fun with friends and finding your fit:
Make new friends and connect
If you’re looking to meet other like minded people, The Rec is the place to be. Find your community at CU through sports, outdoor adventures, a new job or at our fun and free events like International Climbing Night, LGBTQ Swim Night and more!
- Learn new moves in a dance class
- Find your adventure with the Outdoor Program
- Work at The Rec
- Participate in an Inclusive Rec program or event
Participate in Healthy Competition
Do you have a competitive streak? You’re not the only one! Join a competitive or recreational sports team, or enter a competition. We have opportunities for you to shine all year round.
- Try out for one of our 31 Sport Club teams
- Form an Intramural sports team with some friends
- Sign up for the annual climbing competition, the Boulder Battle
Foster a Healthy Mindset
College is a time of exploration, triumph, learning and fun; but we know that it is not without its challenges and pitfalls. This is why we are committed to providing opportunities to help you find your center, foster positive body image, build healthy habits and do what makes you feel physically, mentally and emotionally well.
- Join the Love Your Body movement
- Take a yoga or meditation class
- Get a physical therapy assessment at the Musculoskeletal Clinic
- Learn how to maximize your nutrition
Try Something new
The antidote to boredom and stagnation is variety! Explore the beautiful Front Range, develop a new skill, try a new workout, learn from an expert or just play. Whatever you choose to do, we hope that you’ll take advantage of the amazing and wildly diverse opportunities at The Rec.
- Hire a personal trainer
- Learn a new workout in one of our fitness classes
- Discover the beautiful Front Range with help from the Adventure Planning Center
Are you ready for the best part? YOU’RE A MEMBER! All full-fee paying undergraduate students are automatically members of The Rec. All you need is your Buff OneCard.