Mark your calendars for the upcoming dates for the Community Conversation Series led by our embedded School of Education therapist Eve Wesson. Meet Eve!
The Community Conversation Series are drop-in meetings designed to facilitate peer support and to provide space for community feeling and connection among education students. These informal meetings are virtual and offered for all education students. New this semester, sessions will alternate between group times for students to come together and 30-minute individual consultation times. Additionally, the structure of these conversation is more focused and for the group times we will be discussing and learning skills around anxiety, the breath as a tool, common thought traps and more.
Upcoming group conversation dates and themes:
- Jan. 19-20: Welcome Back and Reconnecting
- Feb. 2-3: Tapping into the Breath
- Feb. 16-17: Managing Anxiety and Stress
- March 2-3: Thought Traps
- March 16-17: Health Promotion’s Exploring Substance Use
- March 30-31: Self-care
- April 13-14: Managing Anxiety and Stress
- April 27-28: Tackling Transitions
- Tuesdays, 4-5 p.m. for graduate students: Jan. 19, Feb. 2, Feb. 16, March 2, March 16, March 30, April 13, April 27
- Wednesdays, 4-5 p.m. for undergraduate students: Jan. 20, Feb. 3, Feb. 17, March 3, March 17, March 31, April 14, April 28
Sign up by emailing Eve.Wesson@colorado.edu
- Jan 26, Feb 23, March 23, April 6, April 20 for graduate students
- Jan. 27, Feb. 24, March 24, April 7, April 21 for undergraduate students
Campus Mental Health and Wellness Resources
Counseling and Psychiatric Services (CAPS)
CAPS is available for telehealth (virtual) appointments and services from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday through Friday. To get connected to CAPS for more ongoing support schedule a telehealth screening appointment. CAPS services include crisis services, workshops, short term individual counseling, process therapy groups, skilled based therapy groups, workshops, medication management, and Let’s Talk (informal consultation).
E-Let’s Talk is a free service where CU Boulder students can check in via telehealth for an informal and confidential consultation with a counselor. No appointment is necessary. Students are seen on a first-come, first-served basis at various times throughout the week. Eve staffs Let’s Talk on Monday from 3-4 p.m. and Wednesdays from 10-11 a.m.
Office of Victim Assistance (OVA)
OVA provides free and confidential* information, consultation, support, advocacy and short term counseling services to University of Colorado Boulder students, graduate students, faculty and staff who have experienced a traumatic, disturbing or life disruptive event. OVA is not the office that investigates or adjudicates cases.