The Fossils in the Classroom teaching kit includes a collection of fossils and supporting lesson plans that allow teachers and students hands-on experience in Paleontology. The activities are structured as classroom investigations, each with a unique theme that utilizes different fossil and cast material from the kit.
Students will be able to:
- Use evidence to develop a scientific explanation for:
- What fossils tell us about a prehistoric environment
- What conclusions can be drawn from similarities between fossil evidence and living organisms
- Analyze and interpret data to generate evidence about the prehistoric environment.
- Evaluate whether reasoning and conclusions about given fossils are supported by evidence
Fossil Laboratory Investigations