Conference Services will be open regular operating hours March 27-30. The office will be closed on March 31.
Campus guests may load funds onto their lodging & dining or guest keycard to pay for laundry machines and retail store items within Housing & Dining Services (including Starbucks at the UMC) or printing services at applicable places on campus. Campus cash is available on a ‘use it or lose it’ basis and expires upon your group’s departure. No refunds will be given for campus cash loaded onto guest access card or campus cash card.
- A campus cash card may be purchased and loaded with funds using a credit card at the Buff OneCard Office at the Center for Community (C4C). Please check with their office regarding card expiration dates and applicable rules.
- A campus cash card may be purchased and loaded using cash at a campus cash card machine (located in the entryway area of the C4C outside of the Buff OneCard Office and at the UMC).
- Funds using a credit card can be loaded onto your lodging & dining or guest keycard on this website (insert the card # when asked for the Patron ID #)
Special Dietary Needs:
For participants with any allergies or dietary restrictions please contact our Registered Dietician Lisa Whalen (Lisa.Whalen-1@Colorado.EDU, 303-735-8241) in order to guide and support participants to prepare a plan prior to arriving to campus.
Campus Dining Hall Policies
- Summer conference meal service in our campus dining centers will be dine-in.
- Shoes and shirt are required for entrance into the dining center.
- CDS does not reserve space or sections of tables in the dining rooms. Dining space is first come first serve.
- Access wireless service on campus by selecting UCB Guest wireless from your available Wi-Fi network options and accepting the terms and conditions upon opening your web browser. You will be prompted to re-accept these terms and conditions every 24 hours.
- If you encounter difficulty accessing the Internet, call 303-735-HELP (4357) or email email@example.com for assistance during their business hours (7:30 a.m. – 7 p.m., Monday-Friday).
- Check firewalls or security settings on your computer that could possibly complicate accessing the campus Wi-Fi system before you arrive.
The eduroam service is an international secure federated access service, allowing for members of participating institutions to access a secure wireless network when on the CU Boulder campus. Campus visitors from institutions participating in eduroam can simply select eduroam from their operating system Wi-Fi options and connect to eduroam using their institution's credentials. If you experience any issues with this while visiting CU Boulder, please contact your home institution's service desk. Campus visitors not from a participating institution should use the UCB Guest wireless service.
Laundry facilities are located in each residence hall. Participants need to provide their own laundry detergent. $1.50 per load to wash; $1.50 per load to dry (coin-operated, prices subject to change).
If maintenance is required to fix something in a room, inform the staff at the front desk of your residence hall. If the front desk is not staffed when the report needs to occur, visit one of the 24-hour desk locations listed below.
Parking is very limited on the CU Boulder campus. Contact your group organizer for details.
For information on pay own parking (credit card machines) see the Short Term Parking page.
Parking in incorrect lots or without a valid permit or proper payment can result in parking citations or possible towing. Associated fees are the responsibility of the person operating the vehicle. Parking citations must be paid or appealed within 14 calendar days of the issue date. Appeals must be filed before the closing of the PTS office on the 14th day after the date of the issuance of the citation.
Campus parking permits or paying at a meter are required for those with disability placards or license plates. Visit the accessible parking page for more information.
Printing, Copying, Faxing and Mailing/Shipping Services
For printing, copying or mail pickup and shipping, please visit one of the below:
- The UPS Store
2480 Kittredge Loop Drive (north side of Kittredge Central building)
303-442-2601, Ext. #102
- The UPS Store
510 30th Street (in the Village Center at Williams Village)
303-442-2601, Ext. #103
- The Ink Spot Copy Center
1st Floor, University Memorial Center, UMC 130C
- FedEx Office Print & Ship Center
2616 Baseline Rd, Boulder, CO 80305 (south end of campus, Baseline & Broadway)
University Memorial Center
Euclid Avenue, Boulder, CO 80309
(303) 492-6411; (800) 255-9168
Please contact the camp or conference organizer to send/receive mail or packages during your stay on campus.
The central campus and Bear Creek recreation centers are accessible to campus guests during your stay. Show your lodging & dining or guest access card as ID and pay upon entering unless the entrance fees are covered by your conference/camp. Youth under the age of 15 must be accompanied by an adult.
Find more information on the Rec Center website.
Safety and Emergency Information
- Campus and Off-Campus Emergencies | 911
- CU Police Department (On-Campus, Non-Emergency) | 303-492-6666
- City of Boulder Police Department (Non-Emergency) | 303-441-3333
- Boulder Community Hospital | 4747 Arapahoe Ave, Boulder, CO 80303 | 303-415-7000
Campus Closures, Extreme Weather and Other Emergencies:
Be in the know. Know what to do.
- CU Conference Services is committed to keeping our guests notified with up-to-date and real-time information in the infrequent event of campus closures, extreme weather and other emergencies. CUCS accomplishes this goal by automatically signing up on-site clients and adult attendees to our automated RAVE Alert System. Adults’ (18+) e-mail and/or cell phone number(s) provided at registration/check-in are sent to the CU Boulder Alert administrator to be included in the alert database. Individuals are active in the database only for the duration of the event or program on campus. Depending on the contact information provided, alerts are sent straight to either e-mail accounts and/or mobile devices via our text messaging service.
- The University of Colorado Boulder is committed to providing timely warnings and/or emergency notifications for situations that represent a serious or continuing threat to the campus community and visiting guests. If warranted, warnings may be followed by a clarification and/or instructional statement from CU Conference Services administration.
How to find additional information in an emergency
- On your mobile device—Watch for text or e-mail alerts in the case of a campus closure or if there is a threat to personal safety.
- On the web—Visit CU home page www.colorado.edu for detailed campus closure and emergency information and updates.
- On the phone—Call the campus info line at 303-492-INFO (4636) for recorded information and updates relating to campus alerts.
- By e-mail—Check your e-mail after an emergency for support and resource information.
- On social media—Like CU Boulder on Facebook and follow @cuboulder and @cuboulderalerts on Twitter.
CU Boulder is a leader in climate and energy research, interdisciplinary environmental studies and in engaging in sustainability and "green" practices on campus. Bring a reusable water bottle and refill free, unplug all charges/electronics that aren’t being used to eliminate the “phantom load”, use the recycling bins across campus, and compost where available. We encourage visitors to consider the purchase of carbon offsets for travel. For more information about CU Boulder’s sustainability initiatives and carbon-offset purchases, visit the following websites:
Colorado Carbon Fund (carbon offsets)
Airport shuttle service to/from DIA (Denver International Airport) & Boulder:
- Green Ride Boulder: www.greenrideboulder.com 303-997-0238
- SuperShuttle: www.supershuttle.com 800-258-3826
RTD Buses (regional service to/from DIA & Boulder):
- View Skyride schedules for AB/AB1/AB2 airport runs & regional routes
- View Flatiron Flyer for Denver/Boulder routes
- The Skip, Bound, and Hop pass campus daily.
Boulder B-Cycle (a community non-profit bike sharing system)
- Daily and monthly passes available
For more information about transportation options around campus, visit our Transportation page.