This collection of links provides access to various documents and forms critical to completing the ATLAS PhD program.
- PhD Resource Sharing Google Drive folder
- ATLAS Seminar (Colloquium) Schedule
- Student Exam Examples (Study Plan, Preliminary Exam, Comprehensive Exam)
- Graduate School Checklist: This checklist is meant to be used as a supplement to information obtained from the University Catalog, the Schedule of Courses, the major department, and as an aid to meeting Graduate School requirements for the doctoral degree.
- ATLAS Graduate Student Travel Fund: Follow the link to our Policies page for information on Graduate Student Travel Funding Policy.
Rules and Regulations
- PhD Program Handbook: Current rules and policies governing the ATLAS PhD program.
- Graduate School Rules: All graduate students are expected to be familiar with the Graduate School Rules.
- Conflicts of Interest & Commitment
Deadlines and Graduation
- Online Graduation Application: Students must apply online to graduate. To do this, log onto myCUinfo.colorado.edu. On the Student tab, select the Apply for Graduation link under Academic Resources. This notifies the Graduate School (and ATLAS) that you intend to graduate, and it provides necessary information to the Commencement Office for ordering and shipping diplomas. If you do not complete requirements for the graduation date you indicate on the online application, you must apply online to graduate for the new graduation date. You must apply to graduate online whether or not you plan to attend the ceremony.
- Deadlines Sheet: Lists all the deadlines for important PhD graduation requirements.
- PhD General Petition form: Use this form to submit general petitions to the ATLAS Graduate Committee
- PhD exam forms
- Candidacy Application for an Advanced Degree: To be completed and submitted with Comprehensive Exam Form
- Proposed Plan of Study Form: To be completed by the end of the first year of study. Must be signed and reflect "passing" by advisor and committee members.
- Qualifying Preliminary Exam Form: To be completed by the end of the second year of study. Must be signed and reflect "passing" by advisor and committee members.
- Doctoral Exam Report Form: To be used for comprehensive exam approval and final defense approval. *Must be submitted for approval to the Graduate School at least two weeks prior to exam date.
- Semester Check-in Form
- Title of PhD Dissertation Submission: This can be a copy of your title page, provided on the leaflet or simply emailed to the Graduate School. Along with your dissertation title, it should include your name and department. This title will appear in the commencement program and your transcript.
- Dissertation Defense Leaflet Template: This provides the official template for your Dissertation Defense Leaflet
- Thesis Specifications: The specifications document includes all the necessary information formatting the PhD dissertation. The Graduate School strongly encourages you to email your document for a pre-check of the format, before submitting your dissertation electronically. Please email a pdf of your document to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Thesis Submission Information: Resource links for submission of your final dissertation.
- Dissertation/Thesis Final Grade Card: All students completing a doctoral degree will be assigned a grade for dissertation hours. As this card contains a final grade, students should not submit it. Only your department can submit this form. This card is not available online; departments receive blank forms from the Graduate School.