Room number: ECOT 640
September 21 - 1 in 99 people in Colorado estimated to be infectious with COVID-19 - Colorado Newsline
March 1 - Model suggests COVID-19 may have been in Colorado as early as January 2020 - KDVR FOX31
December 15 - The first COVID-19 case likely in Colorado way before March - UCHealth Today
October 8 - Coronavirus Hit the U.S. Long Before We Knew - Wall Street Journal
September 1 - So You Think You Had COVID-19 Before March? - 5280 Magazine
July 9 - Colorado Coronavirus model web interface.
June 16 - What Colorado is getting right about reopening - Politico
June 12 - CU Mathematician on the front lines of Colorado’s coronavirus response - CU Boulder Today
May 6 - Scientists shed light on essential carbon-fixing machinery in bacteria - CU Boulder Today
March 23 - Even single-celled organisms need their space: Squished bacteria may shut down photosynthesis - CU Boulder Today
April 10 - Colorado’s slowdown in coronavirus growth a sign that social distancing has worked, doctors say - Colorado Springs Gazette
March 28 - Coronavirus in Colorado: Experts begin sharing stark predictions - Colorado Springs Gazette
The primary research in my group is on the methodology of data-driven modeling and model selection as applied to biological systems including: bacterial community population dynamics and biomechanics, cellular migration, infectious diseases, and designs for an artificial pancreas. These projects have been financially supported by NSF, NIH, DOD, DOE, and NVIDIA.
Members of the group have gone to top-tier graduate programs (Berkeley, Caltech, Cambridge, Northwestern, Arizona, etc.) as well as ended up in positions at research-oriented (U. Minnesota, SAMSI, U. Adelaide, Air Force Research Lab) and teaching-oriented (Harvey Mudd, Olin College, Air Force Academy) institutions and in industry (Workday, Mathworks). They have also won several national and international awards, e.g., NSF-GRFP (4), DOE-CSGF (1), DOD-NDSEG (1), and Gates-Cambridge Fellowship (1).
For undergraduate and graduate students at the University of Colorado who are interested in joining the group, please contact me directly and attach a current resume.
Lastly, please note that at this time (7/2021) I have no postdoctoral positions available.
- 7/2021-6/2022 Subcontract PI: State of Colorado
- 7/2021-6/2024 PI: NSF MODULUS MCB-2054085
- 4/2020–6/2021 Subcontract PI: State of Colorado 202000011320
- 6/2018–5/2022 Co-PI: NSF Comp. & Comm. Foundations CCF-1815983
- 7/2017–6/2022 PI: NSF/NIH Joint DMS/NIGMS Mathematical Biology Initiative R01GM126559
- 1/2017–7/2017 PI: RASEI Seed Grant
- 2014-2017 Co-PI: NSF CPS-1446900
- 2012-2016 PI: NSF (DMS,BIO,ENG)-1225878
- 2011-2015 Subcontract PI: NIH-NIGMS 2R01GM069438-06A2
- 2011 PI: NVIDIA Academic Partnership Grant
- 2009-2014 Co-PI: NSF CDI-Type II PHY-0940991
- 2008-2011 PI: DOD-AFOSR FA9550-09-1-0404
- 2009-2013 Subcontract PI: NIH-NIBIB 1R01GM081702-01A2
- 2009-2011 PI: DOE-NREL KXEA-3-33606-41
- 2005-2009 Subcontract PI: NIH 3R01GM069438-02S1