Showcase Your Art in the Heart of Campus!
The UMC Student Arts Program collects original art created by the CU Boulder student community and displays it throughout the building.
We are looking for original pieces
This year, we are accepting art in the following media: painting, drawing, sculpture, textile, photography/film/technology. Review the complete list of accepted media for the program.
Submission guidelines are listed below. By submitting artwork, the artist(s) agrees to transfer ownership of the art to the UMC if the piece is selected for the program. Prize money is available each year for the highest ranking artwork. The amount of the prize money varies on a yearly basis.
Submit Your Artwork Here >
Submission deadline: January 15, 2019
Requirements for submission
- Artist must be a CU Boulder student at the time of submission
- Artwork is appropriate for public display
- Artwork is not cumbersome to maintain (i.e., materials used in construction will not deteriorate)
- Artwork is relevant to campus and/or community
- Artwork is able to be framed and displayed appropriately
- Artwork must be on a two-dimensional surface and able to be hung on a wall
- Artwork cannot exceed 4 inches in depth when hung on a wall
- Artist must transfer ownership of artwork to the UMC as outlined in the UMC Student Arts Program Submission Form
- Submission requirements may be updated annually to reflect the need for various types of artwork
- Deadline: January 15, 2019
Do you have a question, comment or concern about the UMC Student Arts Program? Contact us!