Fall Welcome will occur Aug. 20–30, with move-in beginning on Aug. 19. Here’s what you need to know to prepare.
Move-in will begin on Monday, Aug. 19, and go through Thursday, Aug. 22. Students’ move-in dates will correspond with their residence hall. Moving in by hall gives students the opportunity to begin building community and connecting with peers right away.
There will be campus parking closures and impacts for faculty and staff from Aug. 19 through Aug. 22. With increased traffic around Boulder during move-in, parking closures will be in effect to:
- Create a positive move-in experience for new students and families. In a 2018 Fall Welcome experience survey to incoming CU families, about 92% agreed that parking and traffic on move-in dates was managed well.
- Limit the amount of vehicles driving to, on and around campus to keep roads clear and traffic flowing.
- Use empty lots as designated routes to effectively transition vehicles through the move-in process.
Faculty and staff are encouraged to explore alternate transportation options Aug. 19–22 and, if possible, should take advantage of alternate work arrangements after discussing with their supervisor. Closer to move-in, permit holders will receive an email with parking lot impacts from Parking Services.
Volunteers are essential to the success of Fall Welcome and move-in. The volunteer support from our campus community helps:
- Create an exciting and welcoming environment at the start of the academic year
- Enhance the feelings of belonging for our new students and families
- Ensure the move-in process is efficient and Fall Welcome programs are a positive experience
View and sign up for available volunteer shifts. If you would like to volunteer as a department or group, contact Hannah Wilks. Find more Fall Welcome volunteer information on the Volunteer Resource Center website.