Prospective first-year students should start their scholarship application process early to be considered for the most opportunities. Read through our prospective first-year checklist to make sure you don't miss any steps!
1. Apply for Admission
2. Complete the CU Boulder Scholarship Application
You’ll get access to the CU Boulder Scholarship Application from your Admissions Application Status page. The CU Boulder Scholarship Application allows you to apply for multiple CU Boulder scholarships with one general application and gain access to additional scholarship opportunities. The application opens November 1.
View step-by-step instructions and tips for completing the CU Boulder Scholarship Application.
3. Search for Private Scholarships
4. View, Accept and Report Scholarships
Congratulations on receiving a scholarship!
- If selected for an Automatic Consideration scholarship, you will receive an offer with your admission decision. Spring admits will be notified of scholarship selection after admission and may check their Admissions Application Status page for updates.
- If you receive a scholarship through the CU Boulder Scholarship Application, you will be notified by email and may view it in Buff Portal. Some scholarships require that you accept your offer within the application. Click ‘Apply for and Manage Scholarships’ to check if this is needed.
- If you receive a private scholarship (by an organization outside of CU Boulder), you need to report it in Buff Portal and work with your donor to submit the payment to our office.