Reporting private scholarships
Congratulations on receiving a scholarship! Please report any scholarships not awarded by CU Boulder through Buff Portal as soon as possible. If you are receiving a multi-year award, only report the amount that you are receiving for the coming academic year. If you receive a scholarship payment directly, you are obliged to notify us. Reported scholarships will show on your financial aid status as anticipated private scholarships. The anticipated amounts will be adjusted once CU Boulder receives the scholarship payment.
- Log in to Buff Portal.
- Navigate to the Scholarships card.
- Select Report Private Scholarships at the bottom of the card, which will open a secure browser window.
- Your screen will show some opening statements about scholarship offers. After reading, click Continue in the bottom right of the screen.
- Select the year that the private scholarship represents. For example, select 2021 if you wish to report a scholarship for the 2020-21 school year.
- Click Report Additional Aid in the bottom right of the screen.
- Select Antic Private Schlp from the Award drop-down, and fill in the description and amount.
- Click Save in the bottom right of the screen. You will be able to view your reported private scholarship in the Scholarships and Financial Aid cards as estimated amounts until the scholarship check is received by our office.
Mail scholarship checks to:
University of Colorado Boulder
Boulder, CO 80309-0077
Ask your donors to mail scholarship checks at least one month prior to the tuition due date so that you can avoid incurring late & finance charges. Our office must receive your scholarship check by 5 p.m. on the first day of classes to guarantee no late fees. You may provide your donor your student ID and the Scholarship Donor form to include with the scholarship check to expedite processing.
We encourage you to write thank you notes to your scholarship donor(s). Expressing appreciation to donors for their interest in and support of higher education is an important part of receiving a scholarship.
Scholarships and Adjustments to Financial Aid
If you receive a scholarship, it may impact your other financial aid awards. Learn More