New CU Boulder employees who need access to any CU-SIS component must complete the required training and then submit a request to the CU-SIS Campus Security Coordinator using the appropriate method.
Complete the Training Courses
About the Courses
Faculty and staff seeking CU-SIS access must complete two online training courses. A third is recommended, but not required.
- REQUIRED – CU: FERPA. Also known as the FERPA web-based course, a passing score is required every three years for Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) recertification to maintain your CU-SIS systems access. Your completion and score will be recorded.
- REQUIRED – CU: Introduction to CU-SIS Campus Solutions. A passing score is required for first-time CU-SIS Campus Solutions access. Includes information on how to navigate the CU-SIS systems and basic information. Your completion and score will be recorded.
- RECOMMENDED – CU: CU-SIS Campus Community. We recommend that first-time applicants for CU-SIS access complete this course to better understand these Campus Solutions areas: student biographical and demographic data, residency, positive and negative service indicators (a.k.a., stops or holds), and student groups.
Accessing the Courses
- Log in to MyCUInfo.
- Click on the CU Resources tab, if applicable.
- In the navigation menu (upper right), click the menu icon (NavBar).
- Click CU Resources, then Training.
- Click the Skillsoft tile.
- In the Search Content box, enter the course title and hit Enter or click the magnifying glass icon.
- Locate the course and click Launch.
- The course will open in a pop-up window.
Submit a CU-SIS Access Request Form
Once you've completed both required training courses, please complete the CU-SIS access request form.
- Go to the CU Student Integrated Systems (CU-SIS) Access page.
- Under the CU-SIS Campus Solutions (CS) section, click the link to open the PDF form.
- Complete the user section (page 1 and part of page 2).
- Submit the form to your supervisor.