Does the student need immediate assistance?


A student’s conduct is clearly reckless, disorderly, dangerous or threatening and suggests immediate harm to self or others in the community.

What to do:

I'm not sure

A student is showing clear signs of distress. You may feel uneasy or concerned after an interaction with a student but aren’t sure what to do or how to help.

What to do:


I’m not concerned for the student’s immediate safety, but they are having significant academic and/or personal issues and could use support.

What to do:

  • See our list of campus resources below to connect the student with support on campus.

  Mandatory reporting for staff and faculty

Any sexual misconduct, intimate partner abuse (including dating and domestic violence), stalking, protected-class discrimination or harassment, or related retaliation disclosed to a university employee must be reported to the Office of Institutional Equity and Compliance (OIEC).

Confidential campus resources are exempt from CU Boulder’s mandatory reporting policy, including the Office of Victim Assistance (OVA), Counseling and Psychiatric Services (CAPS), Faculty and Staff Assistance Program (FSAP) and Ombuds.

For questions regarding these issues or the obligation to report, please contact OIEC at 303-492-2127.