CU Boulder provides passes for students and qualifying employees. The passes provide access to all Local, Limited, Express and Regional bus service, in all fare zones, including the SkyRide bus service to DIA*. Just tap your pass on the card reader as you get on the bus, show the pass to the driver and find a seat.
(*Not valid on special services, including but not limited to Access‑a‑Ride, BroncosRide, BuffRide, RockiesRide, RunRide, Saturday Shopper, and SeniorRide.)
Eligible Faculty/Staff & Retirees
- Full-time faculty/staff at CU Boulder
- Systems staff
- Part-time continuing employees - Working a 50% or greater full time percentage appointment. Continuing employees include Classified Staff, University Staff and Faculty with permanent appointments.
- Retirees - Employees who have retired from and returned to work on the CU Boulder campus.
- Employees of other CU campuses (except for System employees)
- Part-time employees working less than 50% time
- Students – Students have a separate College Pass program
- Volunteers, contractors, spouses and other family members
- Temporary employees
- CU retirees who do not have an active work appointment on the Boulder Campus or for CU System.
Obtaining or Replacing Your EcoPass
- EcoPasses are distributed by the Buff OneCard Office, located in the Center for Community (C4C) room N180. Phone: 303-492-0355.
- New employees who are eligible for an Eco Pass will receive their smart card at the same time as their Buff OneCard (university ID card) .
Replacements for lost or damaged cards require a $10 fee.
Smart Card Not Working?
If your pass shows as either Dormant or “Invalid” when scanned on the bus, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.