To apply for a position(s) on student staff, complete the following application and email supporting documents to the appropriate faculty or staff member. We encourage you to preference three positions on staff as to not limit your placement. No staff position is guaranteed to any applicant.
- Applications are due by midnight on March 15, 2022
- Interviews will be held April TBD
- Student staff decisions will be announced no later than May 1
- Transitions and training will start in early May
Program staff positions are open to sophomores, juniors, seniors, and fifth years (cohorts ’16,’17,’18 and '19). Academic staff positions (CAs) are open only to rising juniors, rising seniors, or fifth year seniors. The following positions are available for the academic year of 2020-2021. Click on the position you are interested in to read the job description. You will be able to choose which position(s) you apply to as you complete the form.
Executive Team - The Executive Team sets the vision for the student staff each year, and facilitates all needed support and innovation to reach the goals set forth.
- Director of Student Staff - position nominated and selected by professional staff
- Chief of Staff
- Fundraising Coordinators
Community Team - The Community Team coordinates and promotes community focused activities for PLC students.
- Internal Team Lead - selected by professional staff from members of internal team
- Sophomore Class Coordinator
- Junior Class Coordinator
- Senior Class Coordinator
- Freshman Class Coordinator - nominated and selected after Orientation
- Mentor Program Coordinators
- Alumni Liaison
- Social Media and PLC Now Editor
CORPS Team - Community Outreach and Recruitment of Prospective Scholars
- CORPS Team Lead - selected by professional staff from members of external team
- Director of CORPS - position nominated and selected if available
- CORPS Members(1-2)
Experiential Team - The Experiential Learning Team advances PLC's hands-on learning opportunities through service, mentorship, personal and professional development.
- Experiential Team Lead - selected by professional staff from members of experiential team
- TLC for PLC (1)
- Deep Dive Coordinators (2)
- Service Coordinators (2)
- Data Project / Annual PLC Survey
Academic Team - The Academic Team supports and works in close consultation with the PLC's faculty to create and implement the PLC curriculum and nurture student success.
- Lead CA / ALE Course CA- selected by Academic Director
- Academic Team Lead - selected by professional staff from members of academic team
- First-Year CA (5) - Dr. Shepherd Macklin
- Multi-Level Issues CA (2-3) - Dr. Shepherd Macklin - fall semester
- Complex Issues in Leadership CA (2) - Dr. Thieman Dino - spring semester
- Global Issues in Leadership CA (1) - Dr. Coker - fall semester
- Global Inquiry for the 21st Century CA - Dr. Shepherd Macklin (please see qualifications in job description) - spring semester
- Writing Coach
Required Dates, Training, Course for AY 2022-23
Before applying for a position, please make sure you can commit to the following dates and course times.
PRLC 2930 - You will be enrolled in a 3-credit course and student staff meetings (course meetings) are required and held TUESDAYS 8:00-9:15AM
August 15-18: On-campus Training/Work Week (9am-5pm each day; schedules will vary depending on position)
August 17: Welcome Reception; 5:30pm- 7:30pm
August 19: End of training week debriefing and mission statements - Kick Ball Tournament @ North Boulder Park
August 19-20: 3rd Year Retreat - Camp Santa Maria
August 20-21: First Year Orientation - Camp Santa Maria
November TBD: Center For Leadership Program Showcase featuring the Presidents Leadership Class
Some dates may change or have not been confirmed.
Required Online Short Trainings (to be completed prior to fall staff training):
- CU: Defensive Driving Course (Online Course w/ Expected Duration: 1 hour)
- CU: Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) Training - (Online Course w/ Expected Duration: 45 minutes)
- CU: Discrimination and Harassment Training - (Online Course w/ Expected Duration: 45 minutes)
Acting as a driver and facilitator for Deep Dives (everyone must become certified to drive a van.)
Attending and working official PLC functions as necessary, e.g. Parents Lecture, Taste of PLC, Spring Huddle, Year End Celebration.