Our mission is to support the College of Music and its students, faculty, programs, staff and alumni. The College of Music Advisory Board (MAB) works closely with members of the College of Music Advancement team to support development and advancement opportunities and objectives for the College of Music.
What we do
Advocacy and outreach
- To be informed about the many programs within the College of Music, MAB members partner with selected departments each semester. Attending master classes, recitals, lectures and department meetings enhances knowledge of the offerings of the College of Music and enables MAB members to be better informed advocates.
- MAB members attend alumni functions and meet with alumni, donors and friends of the college. You will often see a board member introducing Faculty Tuesday concerts.
- Members of the board host receptions to introduce members of the community to College of Music Faculty Tuesday performances, student recitals, master classes, opera performances and orchestra concerts.
- Board members affiliate with various studios, programs and outreach opportunities in order to learn more about the mission of the college and support students in their various endeavors, for example, “Hidden Gems at the Dairy.”
- Board members recognize and engage former board members and supporters of the College of Music, capitalizing on their experience and dedication, to encourage further involvement with the college.
- Board members are invited to participate in college planning activities such as the strategic plan development, the music+ campaign steering committee and the building renovation and expansion project.
- The MAB, Artist Series Board and AMRC Board host monthly breakfast breaks (Bagels with the Board) for the students. This gives them a chance to meet, greet and spend time with the students while making the students aware of support the boards can provide.
- MAB members offer their support for selected student initiatives to increase impact.
- Board members mentor students and assist with networking for internships and employment opportunities.
College of Music Advisory Board
Martha Coffin Evans
Associate Dean for Undergraduate Studies and Enrollment Management Matthew Roeder
Assistant Dean for Concerts and Communications Joan McLean Braun
Associate Dean for Graduate Studies Margaret Berg
Associate Dean for Faculty Affairs and Operations John Davis
Assistant Dean for Advancement Courtney Rowe
Executive Assistant to the Dean Alexander George
Assistant Dean for Budget and Finance Carrie Howard