Our mission is to advocate for and support the College of Music (COM) and its students, faculty, alumni, programs and staff. We make a commitment to:
- Act in an advisory capacity for the COM.
- Provide perspective to the dean and advocate for the COM to the university leadership team.
- Provide material support for the COM through gifts of time, talent and treasure.
- Advocate for the COM and its faculty, students, staff and alumni, and its performances and other programming, toward the goal of expanding the COM's reputation locally, regionally, nationally and internationally.
What we do
- Support the overall mission of the COM—serving its students, faculty, staff, alumni and programs.
- To be informed about the many programs within the College of Music, MAB members partner with selected departments each semester. Attending master classes, recitals, lectures and department meetings enhances knowledge of the offerings of the College of Music and enables MAB members to be better informed advocates.
- MAB members attend events and meet with alumni, donors and friends of the college. You will often see a board member introducing Faculty Tuesday concerts.
- Members of the board host receptions to introduce members of the community to College of Music Faculty Tuesday performances, student recitals, master classes, opera performances and orchestra concerts.
- Board members recognize and engage former board members and supporters of the College of Music, capitalizing on their experience and dedication, to encourage further involvement with the college.
- Board members are invited to participate in college planning activities, such as the strategic plan development, the music+ campaign steering committee and various task force initiatives.
- The MAB, Artist Series Board and AMRC Board host monthly breakfast breaks (Bagels with the Board) for the students. This gives them a chance to meet, greet and spend time with the students while making the students aware of support the boards can provide.
College of Music Advisory Board
Martha Coffin Evans
Jonathan Fox (Nominating Committee Chair)
Mikhy Ritter (Special Initiatives Chair)
Becky Roser (Fundraising Chair)
Associate Dean for Undergraduate Studies and Enrollment Management Matthew Roeder
Assistant Dean for Concerts and Communications Joan McLean Braun
Associate Dean for Graduate Studies Margaret Berg
Interim Assistant Dean for Advancement Angela Farone
Director of Strategic Initiatives and Special Assistant to the Dean Alexander George
Assistant Dean for Budget and Finance Carrie Howard