The Chancellor recognizes that University of Colorado Boulder (CU Boulder) employees are valuable contributors to CU Boulder’s mission, vision, and strategic imperatives. The Chancellor’s Employee of the Year Award (EOY) will be presented every fall to CU Boulder staff in recognition of and appreciation for exceptional job performance and distinguished contributions to the campus community.
- All eligible CU Boulder classified and university staff may be nominated for this award. University Officers (i.e. Deans, Associate Vice Chancellors, and above) are not eligible for this award.
- Nominees must have been employed by UCB for at least three years by the nomination deadline.
- Nominees must not have received any corrective and/or disciplinary actions within the last five years.
- Employees can only receive this award once during their campus career.
Nominations should address the following criteria:
- Outstanding job performance
- Demonstrates consistently outstanding performance in all areas of his/her job.
- Incorporates ethical practices and behaviors in all areas of their job.
- Inspired Leadership
- Leads with integrity and in a way that contributes constructively to the department or campus mission.
- Identifies and addresses challenges that arise in an honest, thoughtful and ethical manner.
- Works to advance diversity, equity, and inclusion practices.
- Extraordinary service to unit, department, campus or surrounding community
- Supports the unit, department, campus, and/or surrounding community in unique ways that go beyond the employee’s job responsibilities.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills
- Supports co-workers.
- Improves department/division/unit morale.
- Provides outstanding customer service.
- Consistently exhibits a positive attitude.
Nominations may be submitted by any member of the campus community (staff, faculty or student) who has firsthand knowledge about the nominee. Nominations should be submitted using the online nomination form. Each nominee should have:
At least one of the submissions must be from the nominee’s direct supervisor.
How to submit a nomination
To submit a nomination or supporting submission, please complete the electronic nomination form using the link below.
- No more than three total submissions will be accepted for each nominee
- Submissions will not be accepted past the nomination deadline
- Nominations must be received by 5 PM on Wednesday, October 4, 2023