You can use your Bright Horizons Back-Up Care™ benefit to book a day or more at summer camps and programs*. Colorado camps include:
How do I make a reservation?
Visit the Bright Horizons client portal and create an account using your employee ID (if you do not know your Employee ID, you can look it up in MyCUInfo).
- Create your care profile:
- Employee profile: Provide your relevant contact and employment information.
- Care recipients: Enter your relationship, care location(s), and health information, and download/complete any required care forms. Some forms may take extra time to complete so we recommend starting as early as possible.
- Authorized contacts: Add any adults (e.g., spouse/partner, grandparent, friend) as emergency contacts and/or individuals who are authorized to pick up care recipients.
- Care locations: You can choose locations near your home and/or along your work route.
- When ready, make a reservation for care.
- Select a reason for care and care recipients.
- Enter when and where you need care.
- Search available care options:
- You can switch between “Center-based Care” and “In-Home Care” using the buttons on the top left.
- Tip: Under search criteria, you can choose a “camps only” option which will filter to only summer camps. Keep in mind that some facilities are not labeled as camps but do have summer programs.
- If “instant book” is not available, the reservation will need to be reviewed by a Bright Horizons Care Consultant. Under each center is a “Set My Preference” option. Choose your 1st, 2nd, 3rd and any unacceptable choices.
- Continue on to verify information, review the reservation and submit the request.
*Subject to space availability. Eligible camps are determined by Bright Horizons and searchable in the reservation system. Instant booking may not be available for all locations, plan as far ahead as possible.