Faculty leave takes two main forms: paid and unpaid leaves of absence. There are several types of leave which fall under these two main categories. A faculty member is considered to be on a leave of absence when she or he takes a leave from their regular duties during the period of service outlined in their letter of offer. This section outlines the various types of leaves available to our faculty and the modes by which a faculty member can apply for these leaves. Request forms for faculty leave can be found on the Forms section of our website.