The advisors in the Department of Bioogy want to give every Biology major the best chance for completing their degree within a specific time AND with the greatest chance of success. Here are some typical topics that students often discuss with their academic advisors.
- Are there issues or concerns affecting your academic performance? What campus resources could help you address such problems?
- Share information about your academic and career goals. Discuss starting your research into possible careers.
- Current semester courses and performance in coursework
- Plan future semester courses - including summer
- Review University, College and Department / Major requirements (it is your responsibility to be sure these are all met, but your advisor can help you sort these out.)
- Work experience to help you attain your career goals (internships? volunteer? research experience?)
- Plan for Study Abroad.
- Long term planning towards graduate school.
Where are EBIO Advisors located?
Biology Advisors are located in Porter B124. You can visit the Biology Advising Website to make an appointment with a professional advisor, or to view walk-in advising hours.